Final agenda posted for the FaceBase 2021 Community Forum - there's still time to register!
Published 07 June 2021
Final agenda - reminder to register
The final agenda is posted for the first annual FaceBase Community Forum! Due to the size of our poster session (19 posters from labs associated with previous phases of FaceBase and new labs!) and the addition of one new speaker (Dr. Jennifer Wagner on the bioethics of facial imaging), we extended the forum another hour:
Tuesday, June 15th
1:00 pm to 5:55 pm Eastern
This event will be an opportunity for the craniofacial research community to share their discoveries and help us find ways to work together to build a stronger community that will promote more scientific discoveries.
There’s still time to register! The forum will include:
- Updates on new and upcoming FaceBase capabilities
- Invited talks
- Panel discussion on “How can we build community around FaceBase data?” with moderator Owen White (see below)
- E-poster session - three tracks (poster guide coming soon)
» Click here for the event page and registration form!
Panel: Building FaceBase data community and enhancing its impact
At 3:55 PM Eastern, We will talk about practical methods for building community around data from people who have done just that - including things that worked, things that didn’t and metrics for measuring impact.
Our moderator for the panel, “Building FaceBase data community and enhancing its impact”, is Owen White, bioinformatician and Director of the Institute For Genome Sciences at the University of Maryland School of Medicine. He is known for his work on the bioinformatics tools GLIMMER and MUMmer. Our list of panelists includes:
- Helen M. Berman, Professor Emerita Rutgers University and former Director of the RCSB Protein Data Bank
- Christine L. Borgman, Distinguished Research Professor UCLA and Director of the UCLA Center for Knowledge Infrastructures
- J. Michael Cherry, Professor of Genetics Stanford University and PI of the ENCODE Data Coordination Center
- Melissa Haendel, Chief Research Informatics Officer at University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
We hope to see you next week!