Winners of the 2022 FaceBase Poster Competition!
Published 21 June 2022
We had an amazing time at the 2022 FaceBase Community Forum last week with great talks and interactions. Needless to say, it was also a joy to be able to see colleagues in person for the first time in years! We’ll be posting some materials available for the public soon.
But first, we wanted to celebrate our poster finalists! The posters with the top scores were:
First Place (Tie)
- Ching-Fang Chang (Cincinnati Children’s Hospital), “Alleviation of Ciliopathic Craniofacial Anomalies by Disrupting Sufu-Gli Interaction”
- Junjun Jing (USC), “Spatiotemporal Single-cell Atlas Reveals Cell Lineage Diversification During Tooth Morphogenesis”
- Tiange Qu (UCSF), “Deconstructing Calcineurin/NFAT Signaling in Species with Distinct Midfacial Outgrowth “
Second Place (Tie)
- Brandon Chacon (UCSF), “Midface Epithelium scRNAseq Reveals Spatiotemporal Dynamics in Cleft Lip/Palate Model”
- Viviana Hermosilla Aguayo (UCSF), “Tissue-specific Roles of ESCRT Machinery Component VPS25 in Craniofacial Morphogenesis”
Third Place (Tie)
- Azeez Alade (Iowa Institute for Oral Health Research), “Shared Genetic Risk Between Cleft Subtypes in the African Population”
- Jifan Feng (USC), “TGF-β Signaling Regulates Pharyngeal Muscle Development via Mediating Cell-cell Interaction”
- Mingyi Zhang (USC), “Arid1b is Indispensable in Regulating Mesenchymal Stem Cell Homeostasis”
Congratulations to our winners and all of the poster presenters at this year’s Community Forum!