FaceBase 2021 Community Forum on June 15th
This year, the FaceBase Consortium will be holding our first open Community Forum for the general craniofacial research community. There will be invited talks, a forum panel, poster session from the community and more!
You can find publicly available slides and webcasts from the Forum here!
Date and Times
Tuesday, June 15th
1:00 pm to 5:55 pm Eastern/10:00 am to 2:55 pm Pacific
Final Agenda (Updated June 14, 2021)
We will be meeting by Zoom so anyone can join from anywhere. Join information will be sent to registrants.
Click here to fill out the Registration Form
Panel: Building FaceBase data community and enhancing its impact
At 3:55 PM Eastern, We will talk about practical methods for building community around data from people who have done just that - including things that worked, things that didn't and metrics for measuring impact.
- Moderator: Owen White, bioinformatician and Director of the Institute For Genome Sciences at the University of Maryland School of Medicine. He is known for his work on the bioinformatics tools GLIMMER and MUMmer.
- Helen M. Berman, Professor Emerita Rutgers University and former Director of the RCSB Protein Data Bank
- Christine L. Borgman, Distinguished Research Professor UCLA and Director of the UCLA Center for Knowledge Infrastructures
- J. Michael Cherry, Professor of Genetics Stanford University and PI of the ENCODE Data Coordination Center
- Melissa Haendel, Chief Research Informatics Officer at University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
The posters will be presented during three simultaneous tracks in three separate ZOOM rooms. To see the schedule for each poster along with their ZOOM links, please download the Posters Guide.
Submit Abstract (Submission for posters is now closed)
You may also use the registration form to submit an abstract for the poster session. The deadline to submit your abstract is extended to May 21st.
- A .docx template is provided for your convenience.
- Do NOT include figures, tables, or a reference list.
- The maximum title length is 10 words.
- The maximum total length is 250 words.
- Deadline for submitting abstract: Extended to May 21st
- Notification of acceptance: June 1st
- Upload your poster presentation file: June 11th